Kenya in South Africa: Kenya’s high commission in Pretoria is the only Kenyan representation in South Africa.
Some of the salient features of Kenya’s Foreign Policy include:
- Developing and maintaining friendly relations with all peace loving states.
- Promoting and enhancing bilateral and multilateral economic and trade cooperation and ensuring that benefits accruing from there are maximized.
- Promoting good neighborliness and supporting regional and sub-regional economic integration arrangements which form the bases for economic transformation of the country.
Representation has shifted emphasis significantly from traditional diplomacy to enhanced economic diplomacy. The move is geared towards spurring both economies to a new level of accelerated growth. – Source: High Commission’s Website
A team led by the Chief Architect at the State Department of Public Works visited the project to inspect the ongoing works. The scope of works include:
- Construction of the High Commissioner’s residence.
- Modernization of the Chancery.
- Renovation of 4no. staff houses.
- Construction of four (4no.) new staff houses.
Project Consultants are: M/S Tiki Architects, South Africa
Project Contractors are: M/ S Unik Civil Engineering (PTY) Ltd, South Africa
The project has been partially handed over, all rehabilitation works on the 4 No. Staff Houses completed. The new Staff Houses are complete and ready for handing over, the Chancery building to be fully complete within two months, and the Ambassador’s residence to be ready by December 2018.
Construction of the High Commissioner’s residence.
Modernization of the Chancery.
Renovation of 4no. staff houses.
Construction of four (4no.) new staff houses.